Formulated with eight forms of buffered vitamin C, Vitamin C⁸ contains additional cutting-edge nutraceuticals dedicated to excellent health. It’s also less acidic, for enhanced gastrointestinal tolerance.
- Calcium Ascorbate: Calcium Ascorbate is a natural form of vitamin C which is much more readily absorbed in the bloodstream than other forms of calcium. Importantly, calcium is coupled with vitamin C to deliver the benefits of both calcium and vitamin C.
- Magnesium Ascorbate: Magnesium Ascorbate is a buffered form of this critical mineral. It’s essential to build the bones and teeth, and has numerous metabolic functions. Magnesium ascorbate is a neutral salt having good gastrointestinal tolerance.
- Potassium Ascorbate: Potassium is an essential dietary mineral and electrolyte. Electrolytes are substances that dissociate into ions (charged particles) in a solution, making them capable of conducting electricity. Our bodies depend upon the tight regulation of potassium concentrations, both within and surrounding the cells.
- Manganese Ascorbate: Manganese is important in the breakdown of amino acids and the production of energy. It activates enzymes critical for digestion and nourishes skeletal development.
- Selenium (from ʟ‑selenomethionine): Selenium protects cells from free radicals.
- Zinc Ascorbate: Zinc is a component of the enzymes involved in most major metabolic pathways, with a wide range of biological roles. Zinc plays catalytic, structural, and regulatory roles in more than 200 zinc metalloenzymes that have been identified in biological systems. These enzymes are involved in nucleic acid and protein metabolism as well as in the production of energy. Zinc plays structural roles in zinc fingers, which are instrumental in gene expression. Zinc is also instrumental for the integrity of biological membranes, for protection from oxidative stress. Zinc supports the immune system.
- Sodium Ascorbate: Sodium Ascorbate is buffered (nonacidic) and will not contribute to gastric irritation in acid-sensitive persons. Calcium/magnesium, potassium, and manganese all play an important role, since a constant blood value of these minerals is required for a normal rhythmic heartbeat, healthy nerve transmission, and strong muscle contractions. Once a muscle contracts, calcium leaves and only then, magnesium replaces it; the muscle can then return to a relaxed state.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate: Ascorbyl Palmitate is a fat-soluble antioxidant, allowing it to be incorporated into cell membranes. When incorporated into the cell membranes of human red blood cells, ascorbyl palmitate has been found to protect them from oxidative damage and to protect vitamin E (another fat-soluble antioxidant) from oxidation by free radicals. When taking ascorbyl palmitate orally, it becomes hydrolyzed and breaks apart into palmitate and ascorbic acid in the human digestive tract before it is absorbed. The presence of ascorbyl palmitate in Vitamin C⁸ contributes to the ascorbic acid content, and helps protect lipid-soluble antioxidants during storage.
|Ingredients: Calcium-L‑ascorbate, magnesium L‑ascorbate, L‑ascorbic acid, potassium-L‑ascorbate, zinc L‑ascorbate, green tea leaf extract (Camellia sinensis), blend of berry extract (V. myrtillus and V. vinifera), citrus bioflavonoids, L‑ascorbyl 6‑palmitate, quercetin, rutin (from Styphnolobium japonicum), cranberry fruit extract (Vaccinium macrocarpon), grape seed extract (Vitis vinifera), sodium-L‑ascorbate, anticaking agents: magnesium salts of fatty acids and silicon dioxide, manganese ascorbate, bilberry fruit extract (Vaccinium myrtillus), Japanese knotweed root extract (Fallopia japonica), bromelain (from Ananas comosus), flavour: piperine (from black pepper Piper nigrum), L‑selenomethionine, papain (from Carica papaya), vegetable capsule (glacing agent: hydroxypropylmethylcellulose; purified water).|
|Nutritional information:|| |
|Vitamin C (from calcium-L-ascorbate, magnesium-L-ascorbate, potassium-L-ascorbate, sodium-L-ascorbate, L‑ascorbyl 6‑palmitate, zinc L‑ascorbate, manganese L-ascorbate and L‑ascorbic acid)||1 054 mg (1 318%*)|
|Zinc (from zinc L-ascorbate)||18 mg (180%*)|
|Manganese (from manganese L-ascorbate)||3,1 mg (156%*)|
|Selenium (from L-selenomethionine)||30 µg (55%*)|
|Citrus bioflavonoids (50% hesperidin)||40 mg|
|Rutin (from Styphnolobium japonicum)||40 mg|
|Green tea (75% EGCG)||60 mg|
|Fallopia japonica (50% resveratrol)||20 mg|
|Berry blend (20% multianthocyanidins)||50 mg|
|Bilberry (25% anthocyanosides)||20 mg|
|Grape seed (95% proanthocyanidins)||40 mg|
|Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) (107:1)||40 mg|
|Piperine (from black pepper Piper nigrum)||2 mg|
|Bromelain (from Ananas comosus) (2 400 GDU/g)||360 000 FCC PU|
|Papain (from Carica papaya)|
Vitamin C8 45 caps